Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Ice Skating!

I decided to surprise the kids and go ice skating. Kylee has been bugging me to go for a while. I don't know why I never think to go, especially since the rink is open all year round. Wyatt has never been and has made the comment in the past that he didn't want to go. I was going to make him go anyhow.

So, I bundled the kids up and went to the rink. And by 'bundle' I mean jacket, hat, and gloves. Its not cold enough to wear gloves or a hat right now outside (it's in the 40's), so the kids were a bit confused.

The kids had no idea where we were going until we pulled up the building. Kylee was excited, Wyatt was less than thrilled.

They are so excited to get on that ice! I practically forced Wyatt in his skates though ;)


He is still not thrilled about it, a bit nervous to say the least. 


Kylee, on the other hand, was super excited


He quickly warmed up to the ice.


He wasn't too bad, but did spend some time on his butt.



He didn't mind when he fell though.


Kylee skating pretty fast. 


Right after I took this picture both of the kids fell on their tush! It was too funny, but the quick shots I took turned out pretty blurry. 








What better way to end a day of ice skating with a Starbuck's Peppermint Mocha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment