Friday, December 23, 2011

Beyond Twilight Book Club

I've been wanting to find a book club to join but it would be pointless to look for one now. There also doesn't seem to be one in Spangdahlem. So, I created my own on Facebook. I'm so excited to find some good reads out there and maybe find a new genre that I like. However, I don't think I'll ever be a Twilight fan, hence the name of the Book Club.

Our book for January will be Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. It was my selection. I have heard wonderful things about this book so I am hoping everyone else enjoys it. There seems to be a lot of pressure when selecting a book. I am glad I only have to do it for one month. The members are required to make a selection for their month and run the discussions.

Until then, I am currently reading One For The Money- Stephanie Plus Series #1 by Janet Evanovich. I needed a good laugh and heard this book was pretty funny. The movie will be released next month.

Speaking of books and movies I usually find that after reading the book and then watching the movie I am highly disappointed. It seems like they always cut corners or change some of the details. However, last year I read the book Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay. It has been one of my favorite books thus far. I watched the movie earlier this week and surprisingly I was not disappointed at all. It left out no details and everything went exactly as the book was wrote.

Has anyone read The Help by Kathryn Stockett? I have yet to read it but the movie was fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment