Saturday, December 15, 2012

Cookies, Eye Surgery, and Kylee

It has been a very busy week for all of us.

Last weekend I spent a whole day making cookies for Wyatt's teacher's good bye party in class. His teacher moved to Japan for another position. I've made sugar cookies before but never took the time to try to make them look nice. I think they turned out nice, and through the process I figured out a few ways to make them even better. 




Wyatt's teacher is an amazing teacher. She is going to be missed by many. She graciously gave me the opportunity to work with the kids in the literacy centers each day. She trusted me to help the kids, and I will always appreciate that. I just wish she was around next year so I could do my practicum without my son in her class ;)


Kylee FINALLY lost her first tooth thanks to my friend, Stacy, for pulling it. (I cannot do teeth, gross). She was pretty excited to tell her 2nd grade class that she lost one. Two more are about ready to come out as well. 


James had PRK (corrective eye surgery) on Wednesday. He will be sporting sunglasses indoors for the next few weeks at least. 


While we were at Landstuhle for James' surgery, Cherry decided to have a little fun. The kids thought this was so funny!


 Today we went to the Bitburg Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas Market). It was really small and not worth another trip. Thankfully Bitburg is just the village up the road so it didn't feel like a wasted trip. Hopefully I'll be going to Trier's market next weekend. 


And Now I have to get all of my homework complete by tomorrow to finish up this semester. I am in need of a month long break before my last (and toughest) semester. 


2 comments:

  1. Those cookies look so pretty! Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must have missed your comment too. So sorry! Its been busy around here lately. Thanks so much for the compliment on the cookies. They were yummy too. :D

      Delete