Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Nearly done with school

I took this semester off to transition the family to Germany. I didn't want to have to worry about finding a place to live, adapting to a different environment and having to worry about internet problems while finding a house. Good thing I took time off, because I only planned to be lacking internet for maybe a few weeks... not several months.

Anyhow, Summer semester is coming up and I had to enroll in a couple of classes. At first I wasn't looking forward to it, but now I'm excited. I enjoyed the time off but its time to get back into the groove. Plus, if I waited any longer to take another class I would have to start paying back some of those school loans... I'm trying to hold off as long as I can for that!

I originally thought I only had a couple more classes to complete until today when I looked at my student records. I only need 4 more mandatory classes, but the system is telling me I still need an additional 9 credits! Yikes! Thats three more classes, so I will still be able to graduate as planned (Spring 2013), but I was really looking forward to only two more semesters with light work, not full time. O well, it is what it is.

I also realized that my 'student teaching' I have to do for 12 weeks, is not student teaching after all. It is observing a classroom setting for 90 hours. I will have to plan a lesson and teach that to a class, but that is something I have already done multiple times. I was really confused as to why I had to 'student teach' for my bachelors (when its not a licensure program) and then student teach again for my masters (which I have to have to get my license). Thankfully, its not student teaching after all. I was really nervous about that because I know I am not ready to be a co-teacher. When I start my  masters (Fall 2013!) I will have to do co-teaching then, but I will be ready for it :D

I'm just so excited this will be my last year of school! I'm officially in my Senior year (although I was a senior last year, but didn't took things slower because of James' time in Korea and our move).

Anyhow, just wanted to let ya'll know I do not have Senioritis and will be going back to school in May :D

No comments:

Post a Comment